Jan 29, 2009

In Memory & The Cowboy Poetry




Every year in Elko they hold the National Cowboy Poetry Gathering. Joann was very involved in it and enjoyed everything about it! She met so many wonderful friends and artist while being a volunteer. She did get me and Logan into it a little,though we are not helping this year do to the arrival of our son. Anyways the other day I was in town and went to pick up a packet for my mother n law and this lady Cleo stopped me and said how much she missed seeing Joann and this year just isn't the same with out her. She asked me if I had seen Joanns picture in the program book and I said no cause I'm not volunteering. Cleo told me to go see Vicki up in her office, so when I did Vicki handed me a book and said this is for you. When I got in my car, I read it and I started to bawl!!!!!!!!!! It is so neat that such a big organization recognized such a wonderful woman like this. A few months before Joann passed away I went and spent some time with her and she started crying, saying this is the biggest year of the Cowboy Poetry and she was going to miss it. I said no your not cause I know you will be there in spirit! By the way it is the 25th Anniversary of the Cowboy Poetry. So I wanted to share this with you all along with some pictures we have of her at the gathering.

1 comment: